Sunday, January 27, 2013

And now for some digital painting! This is going to be part of a series of paintings that will illustrate some super short writing pieces of mine--eventually, once all the illustrations are done, I hope to consolidate it  all into a website, but presented in such a way that it's an "experience", like opening a book. This is technically not the first in the series, but taking the source photos for the first one was a huge pain and I only just got them done now.

Mr. Turtle was pretty challenging--perhaps not the turtle himself, but the room, the environment. It doesn't quite "pop" the way I want it to, so I'm hoping to get a critique or two and revisit it in a couple weeks.


Here's the process:


Oh, and some of you may be wondering "Whatever happened to that comic she was doing?" I haven't forgotten it. I hope to get back to that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment