Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Hmm. I thought I wrote an update some time ago in the fall, but I guess imagined it. Anyway, what the hell have I been doing since last summer? Well, basically I now work as a trapeze artist. Here is my website. I decided to fully commit to this career last year, when I came back from Paris. I had always been a bit on the fence about it and wasted a lot of time pondering the possibility. Then I finally realized that if I didn't give it a shot, I would regret it for the rest of my life. One of the things that helped me reach this decision, silly as it may seem, was this comic.

So, I'm not doing very much art at the moment, and I miss it, but I know that when I'm ready, I will move forward into my next lifetime, and I will give my career as a painter every bit as much energy as I'm currently doing for trapeze.

That said, I still do a bit of art whenever I can. This past winter, I had the good fortune to share a studio for a month in Seattle with a brilliant oil painter, Morgan Sobel. This is the stunning, massive oil painting he was working on while I was there:

"Reborn", oil on canvas, 8' x 5'
It was wonderful to work around another painter, and I ended up doing six small paintings, three of which are finished:

"Aegis", oil on panel, 6" x 6"
"Gleed", oil on panel, 6" x 6"
"Panacea", oil on panel, 6" x 6"
Anyway, that's all for now...I will continue to sketch and scribble throughout my adventure as a trapeze artist. Be back later.

No comments:

Post a Comment