Monday, May 20, 2013

This past weekend was spent at Spectrum Fantastic Art Live helping Aaron Miller with his booth. What a great learning experience and so much amazing art! It was kind of painful being there, though, for two reasons: 1) I couldn't afford to buy all the art I wanted, and 2) I quickly realized how much harder I will have to work for my art to be at the level I want it to be. 

I only got two portfolio critiques--one from Ryan Lee and another from Peter Morbacher--but combine them with being exposed to so much spectacular art at once was enough to make me quickly realize the truth about where I'm at right now versus where I want to be.

Some bright points: 
  • Donato Giancola gave an oil painting demonstration, which was very enlightening, and now I want to try a bunch of new things on my next oil! 
  • I sold my "Eye of Octopus" and "Eye of Chameleon".
  • Aaron gave me an Omar Rayyan print as a thank-you!
  • Travis Lewis gave me one of his lead holders because I was so curious as to what it was (and I bought one of his prints).
Also, look at all these amazing business cards and flyers I picked up! Each one is like a tiny work of art!


1 comment:

  1. Keep the faith. Your work is creative and beautiful. You will get where you want to be.

    ReplyDelete