Thursday, February 23, 2012

Ok, so UPDATE. "Leviathan Queen" is being...extremely difficult.  Basically, if I hadn't taken those couple months off where I did a bunch of digital, this piece would already be done--it would have been ok, not great, but ok.  Now that I've come back to it, though, with new knowledge, I just can't get past the errors and keep seeing things wrong with it.  I need to stop repainting stuff and just finish it already!

On the bright side, I stretched a new canvas and am looking forward to beginning a new oil in one of my favorite themes--fairy tale subversion. This time: Rapunzel.

Also, took some photos a few weeks ago--I want to do a very realist still life.  I figure there's a lot I could learn from that.

To keep me going through my trials with "Leviathan Queen", I've painted two mini paintings--lots of fun!  Thinking I might try to sell them for $15 apiece on Etsy.



Finally, a bit of digital--my next panel of "Origin".  Looking back at the third panel, me thinks it may be a good idea to repaint that with a looser style like this one.  This panel still needs work, though, so I'll have another whack at it in a couple days.



Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment