Sunday, November 20, 2011

New stuff--whoo!  I spent the last 2 months alternately being sick and slacking off, and I apologize. BUT by slacking, I mean of course doing awesome stuff like sword training, trapeze, reading and writing!  Well, ok--I played some video games, too.

At any rate, first off:

 "Koi-Ai"

Finished this just recently--those scales took me quite a while. I'm calling it a digital illustration because it's inspired from a short story (think fairy tale) I wrote recently. I suppose that, technically speaking, it's not an illustration, though, because it's not illustrating a particular scene. Whatever. In any case, hoping to get it published at some point...

Next off, my big project: a mini fantasy comic. I've decided it's HIGH TIME to get serious and really move forward with focus. Doing various personal paintings is interesting for me, of course, and I do learn a lot, but it's probably not the best way to market myself in the concept art arena, which is what I'm going to target.  So:

Panel 1 Progress

Panel 1 Final (?)

I put a question mark because I was setting out for more realism, but it ended up like this--was it meant to be? I sort of suspect that by the time I get to the final panel, I'll have learned so much and my style will have developed more, so I might have to come back and redo this. Oh, well. This is the first "environment" I've ever painted!

For anyone wondering--the Leviathan Queen is still in progress and probably will be for some time, especially in light of my new project.

Anyway. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment